The Facebook-owned app is available for download for Android and Apple users and can be used on mobile phones or desktops. However, the app has some limitations. Only one WhatsApp account can be used according to such phone number. However, most mobile phone manufacturers allow two versions of the same application to be set up on their Android smartphones.
Other mobile phone manufacturers, including Xiaomi, Samsung, Vivo, Oppo, Huawei, Honor, OnePlus and Realm, allow their users to set up dual applications or parallel applications or paired applications. They use basically different terminology for this feature which allows users to keep two different versions of the same application. See the information / steps below to start this feature on different phones.
For Xiaomi phone users: Settings> Applications> Dual Applications. For Samsung phone users: Settings> Advanced Features> Dual Messenger
For Vivo phone users: Settings> Applications & Notifications> Application Clone
For Oppo phone users: Settings> Application Cloner
For Huawei and Honor phone users: Settings> Applications> App Twin
For OnePlus phone users: Settings> Utilities> Parallel Applications.
And finally, for users of Realm phones: Settings> App Management> Application Cloner
How to use Dual WhatsApp on a smartphone
- To enable another account on WhatsApp, go to Settings.
- Check out dual applications, application clones, app twins or parallel applications Check The name of this feature will depend on the smartphone you are using.
- You need to see a toggle in front of the WhatsApp app, toggle it on / off.
- Wait for the process to finish and return to the home screen.
- You will see a second WhatsApp icon with a similar icon in it, this is another version of the same application.
- Open it and you will be greeted with the WhatsApp setup screen.
- Tap Agree and click Continue.
- On the next screen, enter a different phone number than the one used to set up WhatsApp, and tap Next.
- You will then receive an OTP for verification.
- After entering OTP you will be asked to complete the setup process after which a second WhatsApp account will be set up.
Now you have two WhatsApp accounts on the same smartphone.