Geo provides users the facility to post their existing mobile numbers both online and offline through prepaid and postpaid. For this you should have your own original address and identity. These can be driving licenses or other valid address and identity documents. Like other operators, Geo delivers new SIM cards at your doorstep. In addition to these, you have the option to go to your nearest Geo store and Geo retailer. Not only this, you can also book the distribution of new SIM through Maizio app.
Through this article, we will give you information on how to port your existing mobile number to Geo Postpaid or prepaid service. The Mobile Number Portability (MNP) process takes 48 hours to complete. But it takes four days to change the telecom circle. In contrast, customers in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Northeast India may take more than 15 days to complete the process.
How to port your mobile number online
Like other operators, Geo lets you deliver your new SIM card online if you do not want to visit the store. However, remember that before starting the online process, keep your home address and proof of identity valid. You also need to mention that currently you can only get postpaid connection through online booking, but you can ask for a prepaid SIM from the home provider executing the SIM card by following the steps given below.
– First open the Jio site and enter your full name and mobile number.
– Now tap on Generate OTP button. It will send OTP in text form to your mobile number.
– Now you have to enter the number and verify the OTPT in the validity OTPT.
– On the next screen you will be asked for your home address. Here you need to enter your home address, PIN number, flat / house number and landmark.
-Now click Confirm and tap the Submit button to request SIM delivery.
Now Jio Executive will call you for an appointment to deliver the new SIM. You need to ask them about the MNP facility in the call and create a unique porting code (UPC) from your phone via SMS and call. After your 10-digit mobile number, type “port” and send to 1900. The response to the code you will receive will be valid for four days only (30 days in case of Jammu and Kashmir). You need to share this code with your address and ID proof with the executive who will come to your home to deliver the SIM.
How to port your mobile number to Geo using MyGio application
If you do not want to use the Jio site, you can also take advantage of this feature using the MyJio application. To do this you first need to install the Maizio application on your phone and then follow these steps-
– Open Maizio and no Geo users? Tap You will see this option at the bottom of the screen.
– A pop-up will now appear with the Geo option from the port-in. You need to click on this option.
– Now a form will appear on the screen, so you have to fill in your full name and 10 digit mobile number.
– Click the Generate OTP button after entering the name and mobile number.
– Now the details of the delivery location will be searched in this form, where the local, pin number and home number have to be filled.
– Now click to confirm and tap the submit button for SIM delivery request.
Now Jio Executive will call you for an appointment to deliver the new SIM. You should ask them about the MNP facility in their call and make it clear to them whether you need a Geo prepaid connection or postpaid.
How to port your mobile number to Jio Offline
If you don’t want to use online media and the Jio app, you also have an offline option to port the mobile number.
– Type “port” after your 10-digit mobile number and send to 1900 and create UPC. Now you will get SMS from 1091, it will be present with UPC completion date.
– Now go to your nearest Jio Store or Jio retailer and give them UPC code and home address and proof of identity.
If you are a postpaid customer, you have to pay all the debts of your existing operator. If you are moving away from prepaid, you need to keep in mind that your current balance will not be transferred to Geo.